Have a Margarita Party!
Wow!!!!Margaritaville Fiji Model Now Just $299.00Margaritaville Key West Model Now Just $299.00Makes A Great Christmas Gift!As of 78:13 am 12/01/13
Yep the economy sucks, unemployment (if you measure everyone) is over 17% and prices are rising. So what’s a person to do? Throw a Margarita Party and think of it as an act of defiance against a situation over which you have no control. You can make this saying your new mantra “When times get tough, the tough party.”
What’s a Margarita Party?
A Margarita Party is a party that is planned around a Mexican or Margaritaville theme that features the Margarita as the main drink. The Mexican theme probably doesn’t need any explanation, but the Margaritaville Margarita Party might. Margaritaville is a place that was created by Jimmy Buffett and is a state of mind instead of a physical location. Even though it is only a state of mind it is inhabited, it’s inhabitants are parrots, grass skirts, flip flops, lost salt shakers, sponge cake and a number of other tropical items.
How do I get started?
Simply decide how much you want your budget is and then go from there. Here are some suggestions, so just pick and choose what you want to include.
- Invitations – You can go all out and send actual personalized invitations. Check AnouncingIt.com they have a clever Senor Margarita Invitation you might like or create one on your computer.
- How many people to invite – It has been my experience that usually about 60% of the people you invite will actually show up, so plan accordingly. Get an RSVP.
- Full theme or just show up – Are you going to want people to show up in full theme (i.e tropical shirts, flip flops and sombreros) or just show up?
- Items to rent or buy – Tiki Torches, Mexican Serapes for table cloths, a Margaritaville frozen concoction maker, umbrellas for the drinks, a Tiki Bar, tent (if it’s outside in iffy weather) and salt rimmers.
- Plan your drink menu – The drink of choice will be the Margarita (of course) and there are literally dozens of variations on it from strawberry to prickly pear, so you’re going to decide what fixins you’ll need. The drink menu will also need to include virgin versions for the tea totalers and younger folks.
- Margarita GlassesThe Midnight Blue Margarita Recipe - Blueberries And Meyers Lemon. Read more ... » – Real or plastic, you gotta have em!
- The food menu – It can get expensive to provide all the food for a party like this, so make it a “Bring a dish event”. Tell your guests to bring a dish related to the theme, you can even provide them with a list of related food. Beware the folks that just want to bring chips and dip, you supply those. I had a guy show up once with 6 cans of sardines, go figure.
- Ice – You’ll need ice, ice and more ice, you can never have enough ice. Did I mention you’ll need ice?
- Music – At the very least you’ll need Margaritaville by Jimmy Buffett for background music. Go to Amazon and download the album cheap.
- 3 trash cans – You’ll need at least three trash cans. 1 for trash, 1 for bottles and 1 for aluminum cans. Do your part for recycling.
Remember this party is about your defiance of all the turmoil around you in the world, so make it a great time. You might want to make it about someone else too. What do I mean? Well you might know one or two folks that have gotten their pink slips lately, make the party about making them feel better. Just a thought.