The Frozen Black Cherry Margarita Recipe
Black Cherries Are A Great Addition To Your Margarita List Of Ingredients.
Well cherry season will soon be upon us, so how are we going to take advantage of it? By making a Frozen Black Cherry Margarita of course! If at all possible make the syrup below from fresh sweet dark cherries, but if you can’t frozen will do. Also the addition of the 4 drops of food color will make a dramatic difference in color of the finished drink.
Frozen Margarita Ingredients
- 1 ½ ounces of Silver Tequila
- 1 ½ ounce of Triple Sec (for a greater visual effect add 4 drops of red food coloring to the mix)
- 2 ½ ounces of Black Cherry syrup (See Instructions Below)
- ½ ounce of Lime Juice
- 4 drops of red food coloring (optional)
- 2 ½ cups of ice
- Margarita salt
- 1 margarita glass
Frozen Margarita Mixing Instructions
Prepare a margarita glass by wetting the rim with a lime wedge and then pressing it into margarita salt.
In a Margarita maker combine the Tequila, Triple Sec, Black Cherry Syrup and Lime Juice with ice and blend to your desired consistency. Pour into the Margarita glass and garnish with Cherries skewered on a thin drink straw.
Below are a couple of pictures showing the difference in color between a drink without the red food color and without. With is much more impressive.
|Without Red Food Color
|With Red Food Color|
Black Cherry Syrup Instructions
Combine the following items in a pot and simmer for 5 minutes.
- ½ cup of water.
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- ½ cup of sweet black cherries (fresh if at all possible).
- Let cool and then strain through several layers (4 or more) of cheese cloth placed in a sieve to remove the solids.
You can multiply this syrup recipe and the freeze the leftovers for later.
There you have it a Frozen Black Cherry Margarita that will have your guests saying how did you get it so red?
Leave a comment below and let us know what you think.