The Mangoberry Margarita Recipe – Mango-Strawberry and Coconut
Wow!!!!Margaritaville Fiji Model Now Just $295.00Margaritaville Key West Model Now Just $269.99Makes A Great Christmas Gift!As of 07:17 am 12/07/13
A Simple Blend of Mangoes, Strawberries and Coconut.
I know I can hear you now “What the heck is a Mangoberry?” Well a Mangoberry is what you get when you have three ingredients that if used in the title would make it too long. So you combine two of them and come up with cute drink name. The name may be cute, but the blend of strawberries, mangoes and coconut combine to make a wonderful frozen drink that is memorable. So whip up a few, try them out and let us know what you think.
Ingredients: (amounts shown are for single drinks please feel free to multiply as needed).
- 3 ounces of Strawberry/Mango Simple Syrup (See Recipe Below).
- 1 ounce of triple sec.
- 1 ½ ounces of your favorite Silver Tequila.
- 1/2 ounce of coconut creme (Available at your grocery store)
- Fresh strawberries or Mangoes
- Lime wedge.
- Red sparkling sugar or margarita salt. Your choice.
- 1 ½ -2 cups of ice.
Strawberry/Mango Simple Syrup
- 1 – 1 ½ cups of sugar depending on how sweet you want it. Remember that the fruit will be contributing some sweetness too.
- 1 cup of fresh strawberries (topped and cut in half)
- 1 cup of fresh mangoes (cut into wedges)
- 2 cups water
The recipe itself is simplicity at its finest and simply entails mixing all the ingredients into a large pot, bringing it to a boil and then simmering for 5 min. At the end of that 5 min. remove the pot from the heat and allow it to completely cool.
When completely cool line a strainer with either cheesecloth or a fine mesh fruit bag (available at your grocery store) and then pour the mixture through it into a bowl. The mixture should be fairly clear and ready for use or for freezing to be used later.
Drink Mixing Instructions:
- Grab your Margarita glass and prepare it by rubbing it with a lime wedge and then pressing it into the sugar or salt, your choice.
- Pour the Strawberry/Mango Simple Syrup, triple sec, tequila, coconut creme and the ice into the margarita blender and blend until a nice smooth consistency is attained.
- Carefully pour the drink into the Margarita glass, top it with a big strawberry or a wedge of mango.
- Serve with fresh strawberries and/or mangoes on the side, then listen for the sound of your guests wanting more.
Please leave your thoughts below and tell us what you think of this Mangoberrry Margarita Recipe. Also if you have an improvement that will make it absolutely outstanding let us know and we’ll include it here.